7430[ANN] Apache FOP 0.95 Released
- Aug 5, 2008Apache FOP (Formatting Objects Processor) is a print formatter driven by
XSL Formatting Objects  and an output independent formatter. It is a
Java application that reads a formatting object tree and renders the
resulting pages to a specified output. Output formats currently
supported include PDF, PS, PCL, AFP, Print and TIFF/PNG. Apache FOP is
Open Source software and published under the Apache License v2.0.
It took longer than expected but we're happy to present the final Apache
FOP 0.95 stable release. This is basically a bugfix release to 0.95beta.
The most important changes since the previous stable release (0.94) are:
- many bug fixes and improvements in tables, better support for keeps
and breaks, new features: conditional borders and background on
columns and header/footer/body;
- better image handling thanks to the new image loading framework
provided by the Apache XML Graphics Commons dependency;
- improvements and bugfixes for font handling and font
- performance improvements and memory optimizations for the property
handling in the FO tree.
- elimination of a potential multi-threading problem.
- some feature enhancements for RTF output (partial fo:leader support,
Please note that support for Java 1.3 has been dropped. Only one type of
binaries is provided now, that will run on 1.4+ JREs.
Other important release notes are available at
For a more complete list of changes, please visit
For download information, see the following page:
On behalf of the Apache XML Graphics team,
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]