Fwd: Highly Recommended - Agile Team Building course

  • Deb
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2005
      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Schwaber"
      <ken.schwaber@v...> wrote:

      Our two best team building people, Esther and Diana, have come up
      with a course to teach us how to build and manage Scrum teams.
      Without understanding this aspect of being a ScrumMaster, we'll get
      tremendous productivity gains which will quickly dissipate when the
      first conflicts occur. So, it is our job to teach the teams how to
      act like and be teams that can sustain and manage themselves. This
      course, is about that. The description is:

      XP, Scrum, or any Agile method's productivity comes from self-
      organizing teams, and teams don't become and stay teams by magic, but
      instead by hard work on the part of the XP Coaches, ScrumMasters and
      teams. Esther Derby, Ken Schwaber and I will be conducting a workshop
      in April that we highly recommend for all XP Coaches, Scrum Masters
      or - for that matter - anyone that wants to build or work with an
      outstanding team. The announcement
      follows:

      "The Secrets of Agile Teamwork: Beyond Technical Skills", April 5-7,
      Portland Oregon. Contact Esther Derby (derby@e...) phone
      612-724 8114) or Diana Larsen (dlarsen@f...)
      phone 503 288 3550) for more information or to register.

      Beyond technical skills, Agile software development success depends
      on productive, self-organizing teams. How do you develop, grow and
      maintain a functioning, self-organizing team? It's not magic, but it
      doesn't just happen either. Effective self-organizing teams rely on
      personal and interpersonal effectiveness. In this workshop, we'll
      discover the secrets to developing the skills you need to succeed and
      lead in a self-organizing team.
      --- End forwarded message ---