Dec 17, 1999: XOSL 1.1.0 released

  • Geurt Vos
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 17, 1999
      Hi everyone,

      I'm very pleased to announce that XOSL 1.1.0 is finally officially released!
      It took way too long, which also pretty much means more features are added
      than initially planned.

      Get it at http://www.xosl.org

      The manual and the source code aren't yet available.

      Make sure you read the readme.txt file before installing. It's got some
      information that might concern you.

      The install program is now completely menu driven. Install, Upgrade and
      Uninstall are now fully implemented, for both installation on a FAT or on
      a dedicated partition.
      If you don't have DOS/Windows 9x, you can only install XOSL on a
      dedicated partition. For this it uses a floppy image with FreeDOS.
      One warning: FreeDOS is *extremely* slow with floppies!

      Some notable new features:
      1. Boot Microsoft operating systems off the 2nd, 3rd, ... drive, provided
      that you hide all partitions on your first drive.
      2. Reveal all hidden partitions when XOSL is started.
      3. Solaris boot support. This is finally fixed, and now also Solaris should
      boot perfectly.

      Other than these, there are many minor enhancements.

      Enjoy!
      -Geurt-
    • David Llewellyn
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 17, 1999
        Geurt

        I have been successfully using your boot manager on
        several computers for some time now and I have been
        recommending it to all my friends and also on the
        PCPLUS LINUX FORUM.

        I have just tried to access your web site to download
        the latest version of XOSL but I am getting "THE
        REQUESTED URL WAS NOT FOUND ON THIS SITE".

        Dave Llewellyn
        lectronic_llewy@...