Re: XOSL and GRUB (RH9)

  • michaelmenziesau
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
      --- In xosl@yahoogroups.com, "cabalen" <cabalen@y...> wrote:
      > Sequence of events, all on the same HD...
      > - Already had WinXP loaded
      > - Installed XOSL successfully on a dedicated FAT32 partition
      > - Installed RH9 Linux successfully on its partitions
      >
      > All work fine. However, when I choose to boot to Linux in XOSL menu,
      > the GRUB menu comes up asking me to choose "again" to load Linux or
      > WinXP. How can I make Linux boot "skip" grub and go ahead and load
      > Linux? Thanks!

      Easily Fixed - Select the Boot Keys tab for the RH9 entry and enter
      the keystrokes required, either Ret (press the enter Key ) if Linux is
      the first entry in the Grub Menu or down arrow then Ret.
    • Ramin
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 20, 2003
        You need to edit your grub boot configuration file. I don't remember the file name
        but it must be in /boot/grub. Drop the lines corresponding to windows and set booting
        the default OS (linux) to boot immidiately or in one second.
        Ramin