Problem booting NT from a separate XOSL partition

  • Rafael de la Cruz Butiñá
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29, 1999
      Hi,
      I have a problem using XOSL in a separate partition. In a computer I
      have 3 partitions Win NT, Win 98, and finally XOSL. I doesn't have
      problems booting Win 98, however Win NT doesn't start (the booting
      process stops in the in blue screen). Someone can help me? Thanks a lot
      in advance.

      Rafael
    • Geurt Vos
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 29, 1999

        >Hi,
        > I have a problem using XOSL in a separate partition. In a computer I
        >have 3 partitions Win NT, Win 98, and finally XOSL. I doesn't have
        >problems booting Win 98, however Win NT doesn't start (the booting
        >process stops in the in blue screen). Someone can help me? Thanks a lot
        >in advance.
        >
        >Rafael

        XOSL seems to work fine since NT starts to boot. So XOSL can't cause
        this problem you are having. As soon as you see the 'NT boot menu', XOSL's
        job is done. The only time I failed to boot NT is when I tried to boot it
        while the
        NT partition was still hidden.

        Does it display any additional error messages, or does does just sit there,
        doing nothing?

        I don't think *I* can solve your problem. I'm not an NT expert at all.
        Only thing I can think of right now (you probably tried it): What happens
        when you boot NT in [vga mode]?

        -Geurt-
      • Režný Pavel
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 1999
          Hi,

          there may be the problem with boot.ini (boot partition location -
          active partition flag).
          So if you send me more information about your HDs configuration and
          order and place of installation of
          all OSes (and if you can boot to NT from FD or setting Active flag
          on HD, content of boot.ini) I can think
          about some reason why WNT doesn't start.

          Pavel
          (rezny@...)

        • Rafael de la Cruz Butiñá
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 1999
            Thanks Geurt and Rezny, but I think it's possible that the partition was hidden
            the firts time that I boot. Now I don't remember if I unhide it later in others
            tries.
            Then, I think the problem is in the configuration that I selected in XOSL or
            maybe in XOSL it self because I uninstall it and the WNT boots correctly
            (having the same order and number of partitions).
            I must do some tries in other computers with the same configuration because I
            can't do more changes in that computer.
            Rafa

            =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Re=BEn=FD_Pavel?= escribi�: