Hi there: Problem installing Can't Detect USB keyboard and Mouse

  • kathy_mkcl
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2002
      I'm new to xosl. i tried installing it in my computer but when i
      ran it my keyboard and mouse didn't function. when i installed it it
      didn't detect my mouse. I don't know why this happend, i'm using a
      usb keyboard and mouse. Please help me. thanks
    • Phil Miller
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2002
        > I'm new to xosl. i tried installing it in my computer but when i
        > ran it my keyboard and mouse didn't function. when i installed it it
        > didn't detect my mouse. I don't know why this happend, i'm using a
        > usb keyboard and mouse. Please help me. thanks

        Sorry to tell you this, but XOSL doesn't function with USB mice at all, and functions with USB
        keyboards with a special BIOS setting. In your computer's BIOS, there will probably be on option
        "USB Keyboard Support" with choices of "OS" and "BIOS". If you set it to "BIOS", your keyboard
        will function and you will be able to use it in XOSL.

        PHIL

        =====
        C:\DOS\
        C:\DOS\RUN\
        RUN\DOS\RUN

        http://sports.yahoo.com
      • Herman Klaassen
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4, 2002
          > Sorry to tell you this, but XOSL doesn't function with USB
          > mice at all, and functions with USB
          > keyboards with a special BIOS setting. In your computer's
          > BIOS, there will probably be on option
          > "USB Keyboard Support" with choices of "OS" and "BIOS". If
          > you set it to "BIOS", your keyboard
          > will function and you will be able to use it in XOSL.

          Depending on the BIOS a USB mouse will work to.
          It works on Dell Optiplex GX 150's and on IBM Netvista's.
          The BIOS options for USB keyboard and mouse where ON by default.

          Greetings,

          Herman Klaassen