Changing partition table

  • Marco De Vitis
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2001
      Sorry if this is slightly off-topic.
      Is it possible to modify the order of partitions in the partition
      table with Ranish Partition Manager? How can I do it?

      I have an HD with:

      primary FAT
      primary FAT
      extended
      primary (QNX)

      But the partition table, lower left of Ranish partman, shows:

      primary FAT
      extended
      primary (QNX)
      primary FAT

      (or something like that, can't remember exactly)

      This is confusing, for example when I want to hide/unhide partitions
      in XOSL, which apparently shows partitions in the same order as the
      partition table.

      Thanks for any help.

      Ciao,
      Marco.
      --
      ..."Thrak", King Crimson 1995
    • kx2k@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2001
        --- In xosl@y..., Marco De Vitis <marco.dvv@l...> wrote:
        > Sorry if this is slightly off-topic.
        > Is it possible to modify the order of partitions in the partition
        > table with Ranish Partition Manager? How can I do it?
        >
        > I have an HD with:
        >
        > primary FAT
        > primary FAT
        > extended
        > primary (QNX)
        >
        > But the partition table, lower left of Ranish partman, shows:
        >
        > primary FAT
        > extended
        > primary (QNX)
        > primary FAT
        >
        > (or something like that, can't remember exactly)
        >
        > This is confusing, for example when I want to hide/unhide partitions
        > in XOSL, which apparently shows partitions in the same order as the
        > partition table.
        >
        > Thanks for any help.
        >
        > Ciao,
        > Marco.
        > --
        > ..."Thrak", King Crimson 1995

        I believe you can do what you want by putting numbers in the row
        column. Move your cursor over the row column and help instructions
        come up. But all you have to do is number them the way you want. It
        looked like it worked on the demo program but I never tried it for
        real.

        Kevin
      • Marco De Vitis
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 7, 2001
          Hello kx2k, on 07/11/2001 at 16.18 you wrote:

          kyc> I believe you can do what you want by putting numbers in the row
          kyc> column. Move your cursor over the row column and help instructions

          Ops, ehm, sorry, I also found it out by myself in the meantime. :)
          I didn't imagine that number was the order in the partition table, and
          never tried moving the cursor over it... Thanks!

          Ciao,
          Marco.
          --
          ..."A Passion Play", Jethro Tull 1973