ODP Editors Were Sold

  • n_j_sahadi
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2002
      From:The SEC
      http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/944458/0001047469-99-002916.txt

      COMPANY CONFORMED NAME: NETSCAPE COMMUNICATIONS CORP
      CENTRAL INDEX KEY: 0000944458
      STANDARD INDUSTRIAL CLASSIFICATION: SERVICES-
      FILING VALUES:
      FORM TYPE: 10-K/A

      "In October 1998, we purchased for approximately $1 million all of the
      technology assets of Newhoo, Inc., which included relationships with
      individuals who volunteer their time to create directories of Web-
      based content."

      No doubt when Netscape was purchased by AOL the ODP was a major part
      of the purchase price.

      The point is that the ODP is not an "orginazition" but a business as
      it has been bought and sold twice. It was the "volunteers" better
      defined as free laborers who made the ODP worth the money that was
      paid for it, yet, not a single one has recieved a penny to this date.

      The original owners, and then Netscape pocketed every dime, and now
      AOL continues the tradition of profiting from free laborers. At the
      same time, ODP meta editors continue to lie and say that no money has
      exchanged hands. Who do you the believe? An ODP meta editor or the
      SEC?

      I insist the ODP, AOL, and Netscape to come forward and present
      exactly how much money has changed hands and to whom that money has
      gone to ala Enron.

      I also encourage current and potential editors to take a long hard
      look at the fact that a tremendous amount of money is being or has
      been paid for your hard work but not paid to you.

      If your work is this valuble then you are a fool to let someone else
      get paid for it. Think of it this way, if you worked for General
      Motors would you hand your paycheck back to the owner each week?

      I will keep digging,
      Nick Sahadi