Feasibility of XML

  • hey_hope_1
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2002
      Hi Hi
      I am currently working on a project for www.gmptraining.com
      And I have more products to be offered on the site.
      I want to update the product list.
      I have created an Excel spreadsheet list all of the products to be
      added or modified with
      The product name, category, price, type, language etc. for each
      product.
      I want to explore the feasibility of using XML for this GMP training
      site.
      I have a few questions.
      1. Can I create forms and form elements from the data?
      2. What format can the data be in or is best for the data? For
      example, it is in an excel spreadsheet now. Could I be able to use a
      text file or does it have to be in a database?
      3. Are there any special server requirements or considerations?
      4. Are there any special client side requirements or
      considerations.
      5. Do you know of where I could find some sample code of this
      with forms applications?
      6. What would be a recommended way to proceed with this project?
      Any advice that you can give me is appreciated.
      Thank you.