ANN: New ReportLab XML to PDF translation tool, free download

  • arw1961
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2002
      Please have a look at our free demo download.

      ==== ANNOUNCEMENT

      The ReportLab Demo is now available for download.

      Packaged as a single Windows installer, this demo includes both
      commercial and Open Source tools for creating and manipulating PDF
      files in a variety of ways.

      Included are:
      * reportlab: our free, Open Source toolkit for producing PDF files
      from Python
      * RML2PDF: our easy to use enterprise reporting solution allows
      you to write files in our simple, high-level XML dialect RML
      (the Report Markup Language) and convert them into PDF
      * PageCatcher: allows you to reuse existing PDF files or elements
      of existing PDF files in a range of flexible ways
      * Other useful tools including
      Preppy: a small, versatile text pre-processor (JSP/ASP-like)
      PythonPoint: generates PDF slides from simple XML
      * Python: the general purpose scripting languag
      e (Windows v2.1.1)
      * support files, examples, tests and documentation for the above.
      (RML2PDF & PageCatcher are evaluation versions of commercial software)

      The ReportLab demo provides you with Enterprise-level solutions
      you can try from your desktop. Everything in it is proven
      technology; elements have been in production use in high
      volume environments (including Fidelity Investments where they have
      been in use for over a year).

      Using these products, you can create and use PDFs in ways you never
      though possible: dynamically insert text and images in from a range
      of sources, create new PDFs (from a low level canvas or high level
      XML) equally easily from your desktop or a server, overlay new
      content on existing PDFs, re-order pages, do conditional flow in
      dynamic-created documents...

      To download the ReportLab Demo, go to our web site:
      http://www.reportlab.com/newdemo.html
      (Platform: Windows
      . File size: 6.4 Mb)

      For more information:
      web site: www.reportlab.com
      email: info@...
      user group: groups.yahoo.com/group/reportlab-users