ANN: New ReportLab XML to PDF translation tool, free download
- Please have a look at our free demo download.
The ReportLab Demo is now available for download.
Packaged as a single Windows installer, this demo includes both
commercial and Open Source tools for creating and manipulating PDF
files in a variety of ways.
* reportlab: our free, Open Source toolkit for producing PDF files
* RML2PDF: our easy to use enterprise reporting solution allows
you to write files in our simple, high-level XML dialect RML
(the Report Markup Language) and convert them into PDF
* PageCatcher: allows you to reuse existing PDF files or elements
of existing PDF files in a range of flexible ways
* Other useful tools including
Preppy: a small, versatile text pre-processor (JSP/ASP-like)
PythonPoint: generates PDF slides from simple XML
* Python: the general purpose scripting languag
e (Windows v2.1.1)
* support files, examples, tests and documentation for the above.
(RML2PDF & PageCatcher are evaluation versions of commercial software)
The ReportLab demo provides you with Enterprise-level solutions
you can try from your desktop. Everything in it is proven
technology; elements have been in production use in high
volume environments (including Fidelity Investments where they have
been in use for over a year).
Using these products, you can create and use PDFs in ways you never
though possible: dynamically insert text and images in from a range
of sources, create new PDFs (from a low level canvas or high level
XML) equally easily from your desktop or a server, overlay new
content on existing PDFs, re-order pages, do conditional flow in
To download the ReportLab Demo, go to our web site:
. File size: 6.4 Mb)
For more information:
web site: www.reportlab.com
user group: groups.yahoo.com/group/reportlab-users