Can I read remote XML files?

  • mjekberg
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 26, 2006
      To all,

      I only seem to be able to read a file (via http) from the calling
      server. I can't call http://remote_domain.com/anyxmlfile.xml from
      http://my_domain.com/ajax_implementation.html And in case anyone is
      wondering, I do call the <script src="prototype.js"></script> in my
      head section. ??? Help!

      Thanks much everyone,

      Michael
    • mjekberg
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 26, 2006
        Never mind - duh - I actually read the details on the code. Not gonna
        work calling data from remote server. Back to CGI or PHP. Anyone know
        an easy non-50 million module way to convert a PERL array to a
        javascritp array? :-)

        --- In xml-objtree@yahoogroups.com, "mjekberg" <mjekberg@...> wrote:

        > To all,
        >
        > I only seem to be able to read a file (via http) from the calling
        > server. I can't call http://remote_domain.com/anyxmlfile.xml from
        > http://my_domain.com/ajax_implementation.html And in case anyone is
        > wondering, I do call the <script src="prototype.js"></script> in my
        > head section. ??? Help!
        >
        > Thanks much everyone,
        >
        > Michael

      • Kawasaki Yusuke
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 26, 2006
          Hi Michael,

          Talking about Perl modules, I think JSON.pm would be good choice.
          This is a pure Perl implemented module which doesn't require compiling
          to use it.
          For more better performance, JSON::Syck module is alternative.

          On 11/27/06, mjekberg <mjekberg@...> wrote:
          > Never mind - duh - I actually read the details on the code. Not gonna
          > work calling data from remote server. Back to CGI or PHP. Anyone know
          > an easy non-50 million module way to convert a PERL array to a
          > javascritp array? :-)

          And I'd like to introduce XML::TreePP module which parses/writes
          an XML file like XML.ObjTree JS-library did.

          use XML::TreePP;
          use JSON;
          my $tpp = XML::TreePP->new();
          my $tree = $tpp->parsefile( $xml );
          my $json = JSON->new()->objToJson($tree);

          The combinatoin of XML::TreePP and JSON.pm/JSON::Syck is quite
          easy to read XML file and write JavaScript object.

          --
          Kawasaki Yusuke
          http://www.kawa.net/
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 27, 2006
            Kawasaki,

            So funny - I was just going thru the JSON mod when this email came in.  :-) I will take a look further into using the combination you describe below. So I can access a remote file using JSON?

            My Zillow.com XML parser and Google API map implementation in development...(very rough).

            http://www.michaelekberg.com/dev/

            'Live' example: http://brycofunding.com/retail/home_valuation.php

            Thanks for your quick response by the way - much appreciated!

            Thanks,

            Michael