RE: [xml-doc] AuthorIT and XML

  • Beck, Charles O (Chuck)
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2001
      Thanks for the points of clarification, Ed. You're right in your evaluation:
      The current version of AuthorIT does not implement XML output. (It does,
      however, import and store objects *internally* as XML objects.)

      According to the AuthorIT folks, the next version, to be released in about
      two weeks, is supposed to have the full XML output implementation we have
      been waiting for. Since that is key to what we are working on here, we are
      keenly interested in seeing if this release lives up to its promise of full
      XML support.

      If anyone is interested in checking them out further, the URL is:
      www.author-it.com.

      Does anyone out there want an update after we've had a chance to see the new
      version in action in couple weeks?

      Chuck Beck
      Information Developer
      * chuckbeck@...
      * 614-860-7146

    • Paul Hermans
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2001
        Which type of XML will it support ?

        Just putting tags in front and after some information ?
        Or outputting XML according to a DTD or schema defined by ourselves ?

        Paul

        Paul Hermans
        Pro Text
        Molenstraat 24A
        3191 Hever

        +32 15 61 85 41
        +32 15 62 03 99 (fax)

      • Beck, Charles O (Chuck)
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2001
          I wish I could answer your questions more thoroughly. But rather than muddle
          it, I would suggest you contact their tech support or sales staff. You can
          reach them through their website (www.author-it.com).

          Chuck

        • Gavin Tong
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 5, 2001
            > Does anyone out there want an update after we've had a chance to see the
            new
            > version in action in couple weeks?

            Yes Please!!
            Gavin Tong