Announce: Online video lectures covering XSLT/XPath 1.0 and 2.0 (Free five-hour introductory preview)

  • G. Ken Holman
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2011
      Crane Softwrights Ltd. is pleased to announce the online, reliable
      cloud-based availability of its XSLT/XPath DVD-ROM video training
      product on Udemy "The Academy of You" for access from any web
      browser: http://ude.my/t37DVX Note you do not have to create an
      account in order to watch the five hours of free content of the
      video; you only have to create an account in order to buy the paid
      content of the video.

      "Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath" is over 24 hours of
      the instructor lectures, with hands-on exercises and solutions, of
      our intensive five-day training class.

      The introduction/overview is free, the first two modules are free,
      the introduction of every other module is free, and the annexes are
      free: a total of 311 minutes of free preview content! This is, in
      effect, a free video lecture introduction to XSLT/XPath for any
      beginner. You only create an account and pay if you want access to
      the other 19 hours of comprehensive and in-depth lecture and to the
      hands-on exercises and solutions.

      Please use the following abbreviated link and share the link as
      broadly as you wish (especially if you are a development manager or a
      member of a team of developers or a user group or industry mail list
      or a vendor of a product that incorporates XSLT or XPath; note first
      at the bottom all of the lists to which I'm already posting this announcement):

      http://ude.my/t37DVX (it helps me not to use the longer direct link)

      This class overviews the entire scope of the Extensible Stylesheet
      Language Transformations (XSLT) 1.0 http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt, XSLT
      2.0 http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20, the XML Path Language (XPath) 1.0
      http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath and XPath 2.0 http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath20
      W3C Recommendations, used for transforming structured information
      (e.g. XML to XML, XML to HTML, XML to XSL-FO, XML to text, etc.). The
      objectives of the course are to understand the role and utility of
      the Recommendations, to overview all the constructs of the
      Recommendations (this five-day delivery covers every element, every
      attribute, and every function), to design and develop XSLT scripts,
      and to efficiently navigate the available documentation and
      resources. The relationship of XSLT to XSL is explained, though
      details of XSL Formatting Object semantics are not included.

      Paid subscription grants perpetual access to the Udemy delivery of
      all of the material associated with this class. Return to it at any
      time! They are responsible for maintaining the access and up-time to
      the material.

      This material is also available as on-site instructor-led training,
      in addition to all our other syllabi, for delivery worldwide by the
      instructor or through branded licensing to training
      organizations. See
      http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/training/pastsch.htm#ptux for a
      history and http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/schedule.htm#summary for
      a list of syllabi.

      I just discovered http://udemy.com last week and it was very
      straightforward to mount and publish my video training content
      recorded three and a half years ago.

      Please contact me off list for more information.

      p.s. please forgive me for sending copies even though the lists share
      many of the same members, but I'm trying to reach independent users
      on each list

      cc: XSL List, XML Dev, XML-L, W3C-XSL-FO, XML-Doc, Antenna House
      List, Render X List, oXygen List, MarkLogic List, Schematron List,
      XML Gov and Google+

      Free 5-hour video lecture: XSLT/XPath 1.0 & 2.0 http://ude.my/t37DVX
      Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/
      G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@...