[ANN] Qizx 4.1 released
- Qizx is an embeddable, high-speed, native XML
indexing and query engine written in Java(TM),
with the querying and processing capabilities of
a fully fledged XML Query implementation.
What is new in version 4.1:
* Qizx Server can now be installed in a few clicks
thanks to a control tool that supports https, user
accounts, handling of Windows services and firewall.
This tool uses a bundled Jetty 7 server.
* Support of more XQuery 1.1 features: function items
(functions as objects), switch, standard try/catch,
* Support of non-XML documents: any kind of text or
binary data can be stored in Qizx databases in a
new type of document.
Metadata properties can be set on non-XML documents
and queried in the same way as for XML documents.
* Scalability improvements: Qizx 4.1 has been tested
on very large databases (> 100 million documents) and
A new "XL" build allows storing very large XML
documents (over 2 Gb and up to 1000 Gb).
Please visit http://www.xmlmind.com/qizx/changes.html
for more details.
Qizx is available in several editions:
* The commercial product has 3 liberal licenses
both for corporate application development, and
for royalty-free distributable products.
* The Free Engine edition is a fully functional
version of Qizx which can be used for developing
or in production. It is limited in database
size (one Gigabyte of XML approximately).
* Qizx/open is an open-source version of the XML
Query interpreter of Qizx. Qizx/open has been
available since 2003 and is recognized as one
of the fastest and most advanced XML Query
Qizx Free Engine can be downloaded from
Qizx/open can be downloaded from
Qizx customers, please upgrade using this form:
(The above form is usually accessed through
Please visit http://www.xmlmind.com/qizx/ for more
information about Qizx.