[ANN] Qizx 4.0 released
- Qizx is an embeddable, high-speed, native XML
indexing and query engine written in Java(TM),
with the querying and processing capabilities of
a fully fledged XML Query implementation.
=== What is new in version 4.0: ===
* Qizx Server is a ready to use server module
allowing remote clients to execute queries
and retrieve results through simple HTTP
- API service provides the main capabilities of
the Qizx engine. Clients send their own queries.
- XQuery Services is a mechanism for calling
stored queries and passing parameters.
It can implement a business logic middle tier
or lightweight Web Services-like applications.
* Partial support of XQuery Scripting.
* Qizx now requires Java 5 or above.
Please visit http://www.xmlmind.com/qizx/changes.html
for more information.
Qizx is available in several editions:
* The commercial product has 3 liberal licenses
both for corporate application development, and
for royalty-free distributable products.
* The Free Engine edition is a fully functional
version of Qizx which can be used for developing
or in production. It is limited in database
size (one gigabyte of XML approximately).
* Qizx/open is an open-source version of the XML
Query interpreter of Qizx. Qizx/open has been
available since 2003 and is recognized as one
of the most advanced and fastest XML Query
Please visit http://www.xmlmind.com/qizx/ for more
information about Qizx.
Free Engine can be downloaded from
Qizx/open can be downloaded from
Qizx customers, please upgrade using this form:
(The above form is usually accessed through