Re: [xml-doc] Re: DocBook or DITA for a FM-to-man pages round-trip?

  • Eric Armstrong
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 16, 2008
      I don't see it mentioning troff.
      Wasn't that an important solution criteria?

      eknodt wrote:
      > Bill Harris wrote:
      >
      >> At some point, I discovered eDE
      >> (<http://www.e-novative.info/software/ede.php>), and it was the easiest
      >> tool chain I've seen outside of Linux (where I now exist).
      >>
      > This interface is truly amazing. Takes exactly 2 minutes to set up.
      > Just what i was looking for.
      >
      > This now provides me with the opportunity to truly compare DITA and
      > Docbook in relation to our requirements and see for myself.
      >
      > Thank you so much for calling my attention to this tool!
      >
      > best,
      >
      > eva

      Eric Armstrong, Document Systems Architect, Sun Microsystems
      http://blogs.sun.com/coolstuff
      http://www.artima.com/weblogs/index.jsp?blogger=cooltools
    • Bill Harris
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 16, 2008
        "eknodt" <eknodt@...> writes:

        > This interface is truly amazing. Takes exactly 2 minutes to set up.
        > Just what i was looking for.

        > Thank you so much for calling my attention to this tool!

        You're most welcome.

        Bill
        --
        Bill Harris http://facilitatedsystems.com/weblog/
        Facilitated Systems Everett, WA 98208 USA