Re: DocBook or DITA for a FM-to-man pages round-trip?

  • eknodt
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 16, 2008
      Bill Harris wrote:

      > At some point, I discovered eDE
      > (<http://www.e-novative.info/software/ede.php>), and it was the easiest
      > tool chain I've seen outside of Linux (where I now exist).

      This interface is truly amazing. Takes exactly 2 minutes to set up.
      Just what i was looking for.

      This now provides me with the opportunity to truly compare DITA and
      Docbook in relation to our requirements and see for myself.

      Thank you so much for calling my attention to this tool!

      best,

      eva
    • Eric Armstrong
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 16, 2008
        I don't see it mentioning troff.
        Wasn't that an important solution criteria?

        eknodt wrote:
        > Bill Harris wrote:
        >
        >> At some point, I discovered eDE
        >> (<http://www.e-novative.info/software/ede.php>), and it was the easiest
        >> tool chain I've seen outside of Linux (where I now exist).
        >>
        > This interface is truly amazing. Takes exactly 2 minutes to set up.
        > Just what i was looking for.
        >
        > This now provides me with the opportunity to truly compare DITA and
        > Docbook in relation to our requirements and see for myself.
        >
        > Thank you so much for calling my attention to this tool!
        >
        > best,
        >
        > eva

        Eric Armstrong, Document Systems Architect, Sun Microsystems
        http://blogs.sun.com/coolstuff
        http://www.artima.com/weblogs/index.jsp?blogger=cooltools
      • Bill Harris
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 16, 2008
          "eknodt" <eknodt@...> writes:

          > This interface is truly amazing. Takes exactly 2 minutes to set up.
          > Just what i was looking for.

          > Thank you so much for calling my attention to this tool!

          You're most welcome.

          Bill
          --
          Bill Harris http://facilitatedsystems.com/weblog/
          Facilitated Systems Everett, WA 98208 USA