Announce: XSLT/XPath 1.0 and 2.0 interactive training video

  • G. Ken Holman
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2008
      Crane Softwrights Ltd. is proud to announce the availability of over
      24 hours of interactive instructional audio/video covering every
      element, every attribute and every function of both XSLT and XPath,
      both versions 1.0 and 2.0. This captures for use as a self-paced
      training tool our five-day hands-on class that we deliver publicly
      and privately worldwide.

      In a time of tightening training and travel budgets we see this as a
      viable and cost-effective alternative to the cost and time taken to
      attend our publicly-subscribed or our private on-site training: the
      student can take as long or as short as they need to go through the
      material on their own schedule.

      These English-language lessons are hyperlinked through thematic
      modules and lessons down to the individual slide level for all 441
      slides. Accompanying PDF handouts and exercises are downloaded from
      Crane's web site. To ensure product operation of the audio/visual
      Flash lesson files, a test one-minute video can be downloaded from
      Crane's web site to exercise the delivery format on any platform
      before purchasing the non-refundable product. We have successfully
      run these HTML and lesson files on Windows and Mac platforms, as well
      as a configuration of Linux with Totem.

      For a limited time, worldwide express shipping for the video DVD-ROM
      media is included in the price. On-demand fulfillment is shipped
      from California within two business days of the order (typically only one).

      Licenses are available for private online real-time delivery over an
      intranet for staff.

      Past students of Crane's instructor-led training will recognize the
      presentation format that now includes the audio-visual component in
      the top-right corner of the screen of slide content. The links on
      the left allow the user to jump to or replay any slide in the lesson.

      Please follow the link below to our web site, and click on "Training
      videos" in the right margin to download the test video. There are
      also links to the online store with pricing information and to
      YouTube videos of the introduction/overview of the entire class and a
      sample lesson (regarding <xsl:number/>). While the YouTube videos
      are not hyperlinked as in the test video and actual lessons, you can
      see the progress of the lesson as the entire page is captured on
      YouTube. The introduction overviews what is covered in every module
      of the class.

      cc: XML Dev, Mulberry XSL-List, Schematron, XML-L, Yahoo XSL, XSL-FO
      W3C, Antenna House, RenderX, XML-Doc

      --
      Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses: Wellington, NZ 2009-01
      G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@...