command line filtering like *ix's sed

  • Ismael Olea
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 30 1:33 AM
      Hi:

      Somebody knows good practices on xml filtering, using Command Line
      Interface tools, in the same ways as sed can delete or transforms text
      streams?

      Thanks in advance.

      --

      A. Ismael Olea Gonz�lez

      http://olea.org/diario/
      http://aduaneros.olea.org, la ONG sin futuro.

      El mundo debe empezar a tener miedo a un planeta OLEA

    • Camille Bégnis

        Hi Ismael,

        You mean something like this?

        http://xsh.sourceforge.net/
        http://xmlstar.sourceforge.net/

        See you,

        Camille.

        Ismael Olea a écrit :
        > Hi:
        >
        > Somebody knows good practices on xml filtering, using Command Line
        > Interface tools, in the same ways as sed can delete or transforms text
        > streams?
        >
        > Thanks in advance.

      • Larry Kollar
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2007
          > Somebody knows good practices on xml filtering, using Command Line
          > Interface tools, in the same ways as sed can delete or transforms text
          > streams?

          I've used xmlgawk to good effect.
          <http://home.vrweb.de/~juergen.kahrs/gawk/XML/>

          --
          Larry Kollar, Senior Technical Writer, ARRIS CPE Products
          "Content creators are the engine that drives

          "This communication is for use by the intended recipient(s) only
          and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and
          exempt from disclosure or unauthorized use under applicable law.
          If you are not an intended recipient of this communication, you are
          hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or
          use of this document or information contained in this document is
          strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in
          error, please notify me by reply e-mail or fax, permanently delete
          this communication from your system, and destroy any hardcopies you
          may have printed. *This communication is covered by the Electronic
          Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521."

        • Ismael Olea
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 9, 2007
            Yes! Thanks, as usual :-D

            2007/1/2, Camille Bégnis <camille@...>: