Re: [xml-doc] switching from Robohelp to Xmetal

  • Barb C
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 29, 2006
      I did not convert from Robohelp to XML, but I did implement context-sensitive help
      using XML. I used HTMLHelp HTMLToolkit Oxygen HTML Editor Docbook DTD You can
      customize the frameset or create your one using the API as outlined by Microsoft,
      but I felt HTMLHelp was familiar territory for most users and stuck with that. You
      can create context-sensitive help by adding a dbbh link to the topic you want to
      link to (in the XML file) and then pass the link topic id to the help file when
      calling the help window. I am sorry that I don't have more details for you - I've
      left that position and I don't have a copy of the files I created. I used a combination
      of docbook's existing transformations and custom transformations to create different
      types of documentation off of a single source. BC