Anyone with experience converting from AuthorIT to FrameMaker 7.2?

  • dmtrousdale
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 16, 2006
      Did you have any significant problems? What sort of prep work did you
      do before converting?
    • Charles Johnston
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 19, 2006
        Why are you interested in converting from AuthorIT to FrameMaker? I ask
        because I have just been working in a place where AuthorIT is being
        considered as a replacement for FrameMaker � is AuthorIT not delivering the
        goods?

        Charles

        Charles Johnston

        HYPERLINK "http://www.elucidators.com"www.elucidators.com

        HYPERLINK "http://www.boatimport.eu"

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 19, 2006
          My company uses FrameMaker and may go to XmetaL eventually. We acquired
          a company that outsourced the doc to a turn-key vendor that does not
          even store files on our corporate server, let alone use our standard
          templates, our file management system, and so on. This creates all sorts
          of problems, including putting our intellectual property at risk,
          severely limiting our control of resourcing projects, and so on.

          David Trousdale
          Manager/SPRTG Documentation & Training
          Office: 408.527.1230

          Did you have any significant problems? What sort of prep work did you
          do before converting?

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Charles Johnston
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 20, 2006
            Thanks! That sort of outsourcing takes a lot of courage, or faith in your
            supplier, or stupidity!

            Charles

            Charles Johnston

            HYPERLINK "http://www.elucidators.com"www.elucidators.com

            HYPERLINK "http://www.boatimport.eu"

            Why are you interested in converting from AuthorIT to FrameMaker? I ask
            because I have just been working in a place where AuthorIT is being
            considered as a replacement for FrameMaker - is AuthorIT not delivering
            the
            goods?

            Charles

            Charles Johnston