Prince 5.0: XML + CSS to PDF formatter

  • Jon Noring
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2005
      [I'm forwarding this announcement originally posted to the
      eBook-Community. Jon Noring]

      From: Michael Day <mikeday@...>
      Subject: Prince 5.0: XML + CSS to PDF formatter

      We are very happy to announce the release of Prince 5.0, a new version of
      our batch formatter for converting XML + CSS into PDF.

      - Even more CSS support
      - Even more PDF features
      - Quick and easy server integration
      - Runs on Windows, Linux and MacOS X

      To download an evaluation version please see our website:

      http://www.princexml.com

      This major new version boasts a huge array of new features and
      improvements. The highlights included support for footnotes, page floats,
      cross-references, CSS positioning, and UNICODE. PDF output now supports
      encryption, bookmarks, links, and metadata, while XML input supports
      XInclude and xml:id. A new Windows GUI with built-in preview is provided
      along with new support for Mac OS X and new modules for Java, COM, ASP,
      PHP, and ColdFusion.

      Best regards,

      Michael

      --