ANN: XML/FrameMaker integration white paper available from Scriptorium Publishing

  • Sarah O'Keefe
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28 11:28 AM
      [excerpt from our Illuminations newsletter]
      [cross-posted to framers, stc-single-sourcing-l, and xml-doc]

      Putting It Together: New White Paper on XML and FrameMaker Integration

      A big benefit of Extensible Markup Language (XML) content is that it's
      platform and software independent. But when it comes time to choose a tool
      to render XML content (in print or PDF, for example), all that independence
      becomes constrained by a tool's limitations. Adobe FrameMaker 7 is an
      excellent choice for working with XML, but as with other applications,
      customizations are necessary to optimize the importing and exporting of XML
      content.

      We've just published a new white paper, Integrating XML and FrameMaker,
      that explains how to integrate the structured interface of FrameMaker 7
      with XML content. The paper, which is 26 pages long, covers the following
      topics:

      * Understanding the components of a structured FrameMaker solution

      * Handling the limitations of tables, conditional text, and other items
      in the FrameMaker document model

      * Customizing FrameMaker's default handling of XML content

      You can download the free paper (PDF, 1054K) from our shopping cart, which
      offers other white papers on XML and structured authoring:

      http://store.scriptorium.com/browse_dept_items.asp/categ_id/24/parent_ids/0/Name/White_Papers

      Sarah O'Keefe okeefe@...
      Scriptorium Publishing Services, Inc.
      DocFrame version 2 -- JavaHelp, HTML, and HTML Help from structured FrameMaker
      http://www.scriptorium.com/docframe/