RE: [xml-doc] Attributes from XML file

  • Jason Willebeek-LeMair
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 29 5:54 AM
      > I'm trying to access the values of the attributes for an XSL
      >document, for example the the value of the 'Name' or 'AspectId'
      >attribute from the ROOT NODE (Aspect).... or 'Name' and 'Type' from
      >the Properties sub-elements... How should I do that in XSL ?...

      As always, it depends on what you want to do. Here is one simple way:

      <xsl:template match="Aspect">
      <xsl:value-of select="@Name" />
      <xsl:value-of select="@AspId" />
      </xsl:template>

      If your output is HTML, you could wrap the value-of tags in HTML paragraph
      tags or make it a list.

      Mulberry Technologies maintains an excellent XSL mail list (probably THE xsl
      mail list) that hosts many XSL experts. If you have a lot of specific XSL
      questions, you may want to subscribe to that list.

      More information here: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/index.html

      Jason
    • mauricekg9
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2004
        Thanks everyone for helping me out the last time... on the
        attributes issue..especially Jason..u was a big help. I finally
        finished the XSL and it WORKS FINE!!!

        I have quite a challange this time... Are you alll ready??!! Ok here
        it comes,

        Iam
        looking for an XSL/XSLT or even Java script that will allow me to
        view a table in a normal
        view and an extended view. See here below..

        |Table (Go to Extended View)|
        Thing |property |Extra stuff|
        _____ |________|______|___________|__________________________
        blabla |blabla |blabl | blabla |blabla
        ________|________|______|___________|___________________________

        This is an example of the table, when you click the extended view
        link you can view the extended view here below…and vice versa..

        Table (Back to Normal View)
        Thing |property| |Extra stuff|Extra column
        _____ |________|______|___________|__________________________
        blabla |blabla |blabl | blabla |Extra blabla
        ________|________|______|___________|___________________________
        ExtraRow|blabla |blabl | blabla |Extra blabla
        ________|________|______|___________|___________________________
        ExtraRow|blabla |blabla|blablblabla|Extra blabla
        ________|________|______|___________|___________________________

        Does anyone have anything like this?
        I have tried all available avenues but i'm not even near to the
        solution..
        Thanks in advance
      • Pierre Attar
        Message 3 of 5 , May 5, 2004
          Use xsl:param feature which enables you to provide ecxternal parameter
          values to your xslt transformation.

          Pierre

          At 16:24 03/05/2004, you wrote:
          >Thanks everyone for helping me out the last time... on the
          >attributes issue..especially Jason..u was a big help. I finally
          >finished the XSL and it WORKS FINE!!!
          >
          >I have quite a challange this time... Are you alll ready??!! Ok here
          >it comes,
          >
          >Iam
          >looking for an XSL/XSLT or even Java script that will allow me to
          >view a table in a normal
          >view and an extended view. See here below..
          >
          >|Table (Go to Extended View)|
          >Thing |property |Extra stuff|
          >_____ |________|______|___________|__________________________
          >blabla |blabla |blabl | blabla |blabla
          >________|________|______|___________|___________________________
          >
          >This is an example of the table, when you click the extended view
          >link you can view the extended view here below…and vice versa..
          >
          >Table (Back to Normal View)
          >Thing |property| |Extra stuff|Extra column
          >_____ |________|______|___________|__________________________
          >blabla |blabla |blabl | blabla |Extra blabla
          >________|________|______|___________|___________________________
          >ExtraRow|blabla |blabl | blabla |Extra blabla
          >________|________|______|___________|___________________________
          >ExtraRow|blabla |blabla|blablblabla|Extra blabla
          >________|________|______|___________|___________________________
          >

          >Does anyone have anything like this?
          >I have tried all available avenues but i'm not even near to the
          >solution..
          >Thanks in advance
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

          Pierre Attar (mailto:pat@...)
          Consultant en informatique documentaire XML
          Consultant in Structured Document engineering

          Projet "Mutualiser l'effort de montée en compétences sur XML"
          http://www.mutu-xml.org/index.html
        • Pierre Attar