Re: [xml-doc] SGMLhelp?

  • B. Tommie Usdin
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2004
      Harry --

      I'm sorry I was unclear.

      SGML is SGML. There is no such thing as "Arbortext SGML". That's
      why I was asking if you want to learn about Arbortext's software
      or about SGML. The SGML that is produced by Arbortext's SGML tools
      *** IS *** real ISO standard SGML.

      If you want to learn SGML there are a number of good (mostly out of
      print books), and several organizations (including Mulberry
      Technologies) who teach classes.

      If you want to learn about Arbortext's software, you should probably
      take a class from them or one of their training partners. It is
      often useful to customize SGML sorftware, which doesn't mean
      making the SGML non-standard, it means making the tools you work
      with as comfortable as possible for the task you are performing. And
      if you want to do that with an Arbortext tool you probably want a
      class (or more) from them on how to customize the tool.

      It is useful to learn about the tools you will be using, such as
      Arbortext's, but it is a different thing from learning SGML.

      -- Tommie

      >Tommie.
      >
      >The software is Arbortext, and yes, I understood that Arbortext SGML is different. That's the reason I specified Arbortext.
      >
      >So, any suggestion from you "markup old timers" for a good SGML (Arbortext?) reference will be greatly appreciated! :)
      >
      >Thanks.
      >
      >Harry

      Mulberry Technologies: A Consultancy Specializing in XML and SGML