Standard Proofreading Markup Language, anyone?

  • Peter Ring
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2003
      I'm looking for a standardized way to mark up proof-reader's marks. Or, to
      more precise, ways to facilitate the exchange of proofreading annotations.

      So far I've found a Japanese paper from 1996 [1] and a nice little minor
      mode for emacs, also Japanese [2].

      The big XML/SGML editors all implement various forms of change tracking, but
      they are not exactly interoperable.

      There are some projects along the lines of Annotea [3]. These are very
      interesting if you can expect proof-readers to work online, but the basic
      idea -- keeping annotations separate from the document -- might also be
      implemented in an offline fashion.

      [1] http://www.y-adagio.com/public/confs/sgml_xml/ap96/spml.doc
      [2] http://www.mpi-sb.mpg.de/~hitoshi/otherprojects/manued/index.shtml
      [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/Annotea/