RE: [xml-doc] not defined error

  • Sean Wheller
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 19 2:02 AM
      > From: dsr18
      >
      > Since I'm pretty blank on XML perhaps this question is obvious but
      > why do I get an Undefined message for <root> I thought this is a
      > reserved word in XML.
      > By way of explanation I am using the oXygen XML editor to validate
      > a .resx file which keeps getting rejected by resgen when I attempt to
      > convert it to a resources file saying invalid format. I thought maybe
      > the problem was in the XML content.

      Shalom dsr18,

      root is quite valid in the header information of the .resx

      As in the example on MSDN

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <root>
      <xsd:schema id="root" xmlns=""
      xmlns:msdata="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-msdata">

      In this case root defines the header information start and end. This should
      be followed by any number of data elements that wrap the value elements
      which contain values.

      I assume you are using the ResXResourceWriter class to write image data to a
      .resx file and want to check that it is correct. That you are opening the
      .resx under Oxygen and running the validate function.

      In this case please right-click the results of the message panel, and copy
      them to your message. Then post this message back to the group so I can read
      the message Oxygen generated.

      Perhaps I can help you then. If I can't then just send me the .resx.

      l'hit;

      Sean Wheller
      swheller@...