ANN: 2 special classes on XML and publishing

  • Kay Ethier - remote
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2003
      Hello Framers:

      This may be a repeat notice if you've seen this on TECHWR-L or received
      notices from others here.

      If you are moving toward XML with FrameMaker, then we have two classes that
      may be of interest to you. One is all about setting up your XML
      Applications in FrameMaker. The other explains what you can do with all
      that XML once you produce it from FrameMaker.

      Kay

      TRAINING: FRAMEMAKER 7 & XML -- Rochester, New York USA

      FrameMaker 7 and XML Class registration closes soon!

      Learn to set up structured applications in FrameMaker, import and export XML
      with Adobe Certified Expert Kay Ethier. This intensive 2-day QuickStart
      training class is offered only in Rochester, NY on February 28-March 1,
      2003. The class covers:

      + Authoring in structure with FrameMaker
      + The power of EDDs and DTDs, how to modify structure
      + Adding structure to existing, unstructured FM files
      + Round-trip XML. in FrameMaker

      Registration fee includes workbooks and post-training support. Seating is
      limited to 12, to ensure personal attention. Current STC members $475;
      non-STC members $600. To register, download the form at
      http://www.resourx.com/learning.htm, email Dorothy Hoskins at
      mailto:info@..., or call 1.585.750.3118.

      CLASS: "XML for Single Sourcing"

      LOCATION: Bright Path Solutions, Research Triangle Park, NC USA

      DATES: April 28-30, 2003

      FEE: $1,080 (we offer a 20% discount to additional registrants from same
      organization)

      MORE INFORMATION:

      Bright Path Solutions offers a variety of XML classes, from beginning
      classes through very advanced topics. Some teach certain XML-related tools,
      while others are generic XML classes. April 28-30, 2003 we are offering "XML
      for Single Sourcing." You've heard how XML can be used for all kinds of
      things; now learn how to apply it to your publishing. We will teach you how
      single sourcing with XML can work, and how you can create customized and
      personalized documents in multiple formats, including PDF, HTML, and more.
      More information is online at
      http://www.travelthepath.com/training/xml.shtml .

      Contact George Luke (mailto:gluke@... or 919.481.0393) if you
      would like more information about this class or are interested in
      registering. The class is currently 1/3 full, so don't delay!

      Bright Path Solutions
      Adobe Certified, Quadralay Certified, and XML smart!
      http://www.travelthepath.com
      Phone: 919.656.2653

      Bright Path Solutions has been involved with XML since 1998. Yes, that is
      1998! We have been providing educational events and training classes in XML
      since its very beginnings. Our experience stretches back to SGML and forward
      to new technologies like XML:FO and RELAX NG.

      --------------------------------------
      Kay Ethier
      - FrameMaker/Structured FrameMaker Consultant & Trainer
      - WebWorks University Trainer
      - co-Author, XML WEEKEND CRASH COURSE
      - contributing author, ADVANCED FRAMEMAKER 7
      --------------------------------------
      Bright Path Solutions
      - an Adobe Solution Sales Provider
      - an Adobe Certified Training Provider
      - a WebWorks University site
      - a North Carolina HUB certified business
      - XML smart!
      PO Box 14265
      Research Triangle Park NC 27709-4265
      DIRECT CELL PHONE: 919.244.8559