Event Info Forwarded: Streamline information management with XML and Adobe PDF

  • Kay Ethier
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2002
      Hi:

      In case you are interested, Adobe just announced that they are doing
      XML-related events. These events are mostly to showcase their new version
      of FrameMaker, but Adobe usually shows some pretty cool demos.

      Info is on Adobe's site. Here is a clip from the email sent to me:

      - Easily create, edit, and import valid XML content that can be searched,
      shared, and reused across the enterprise

      - Integrate dynamic content from multiple sources and publish a single
      source file in multiple formats—XML, Adobe PDF, HTML, and more—across
      multiple devices and platforms

      - Shorten the document review process and enhance collaboration among
      workgroups by securely and reliably sharing information across platforms and
      over geographical distances

      - Quickly update and manage documents of any length, including product
      specs, HR policy documentation, user manuals, RFP responses, technical
      publications, training manuals, and more

      If you or a colleague would like to attend this free seminar, please
      register at www.adobe.com/manageinfo
      or call 1-877-303-9422.

      The Adobe Web site shows US dates in: Raleigh NC, Washington DC, New York,
      Denver CO, San Jose CA, Minneapolis MN, Boston MA, and Dallas TX. They are
      also hitting Quebec, Alberta, and Ontario.

      I'm biased, because I use FrameMaker for a lot of things. But, I do like
      the new XML import/export support. It is better than they had before in
      FrameMaker+SGML. They are even putting a printed 'xml cookbook' in the
      sofware boxes.

      Kay

      cell phone 919.244.8559

      --------------------------------------