Character encoding

  • Bill Kearney
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2002
      > If you don't mind my asking, what do you do about character
      > entities/special characters?
      >
      > (I think XPressXML and its sister program RoustaboutXT mightily rock -- but
      > I find special character management an unhappy thing to do via XSLT. There
      > must be some trick I'm missing.)

      Are you talking about how to encode the various characters into legal XML? Or
      do you already have them as defined entities?

      I've put a few links together, some are appropriate for charset encoding into
      XML:
      http://www.syndic8.com/documents.php?Section=Reference

      http://www.evolt.org/article/ala/17/21234/
      http://www.hclrss.demon.co.uk/demos/charsetdiffs.html
      http://www.macchiato.com/unicode/charts.html

      If you can push them all into UTF-8 you're really set. But if you need to use
      MacRoman or others it can get a little complicated. I suspect that since we're
      talking QuarkXpress here that MacRoman might apply?

      -Bill Kearney