Re: [xml-doc] Re: Life after Frame+SGML

  • Hope Greenberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5 6:46 AM
      Someone else mentioned WordPerfect. We find ourselves coming back to it
      frequently because it fits four of our five main criteria:
      1) can it produce print stylesheets with full justification and
      hyphenation in multiple languages. (we produce the online stylesheets in
      another program)
      2) is it easy enough to teach to our student taggers in an hour or two
      (they generally have no SGML/XML experience)
      3) is it cheap
      4) does it run right out of the box with little or no tweaking and
      certainly no scripting or programming.

      It doesn't meet the fifth item on the wish list: can it run on a Mac. It
      is less than perfectly stable at times, which is why I am always on the
      lookout for a replacement. We are going to dabble with FrameMaker
      because of the platform issue but any suggestions for an alternative
      would be most welcome.

      - Hope Greenberg, Univ of Vermont