FW: [xml-doc] XML SOAP Syndication...must read, its worth

  • Daniel L. Koger
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29 7:08 AM
      Asif,

      This discussion is probably best carried out on ice-dev@....
      But we more than enjoy the prospect of conversation.

      Standards age, that is why we have versioning. We discussed many robust
      features for ICE during its development and it was decided to keep them
      under the heading of "Quality of Implementation". This allowed us to
      keep the specification targeted and fairly easy to implement. The 1.1
      specification for ICE has more than a dozen clue on best practices for
      implementation.

      The ICE 2.0 initiative has begun and the requirements are listed on the
      ICE home page http://www.icestandard.org You will note that SOAP, WSDL
      and UDDI are on the radar scope. SOAP will definitely be referenced in
      the 2.0 specification. WSDL and UDDI will either be part of the
      specification, or implemented as examples to clarify the ICE as a Web
      Service part of the 2.0 specification. (For a complete list please
      reference the page listed above)

      The other nice piece about the ICE 2.0 specification is the desire to
      use a modular approach to the specification which will allow us to take
      a more robust approach to some of the none core elements of a
      syndication relationship.

      Thanks,

      Daniel L. Koger
      CIBER, Inc.
      Practice Director Seattle - Microsoft .NET
      Senior Consultant - Data Integration
      http://www.ciber.com
      Office: (425) 451-2575