I'm Sorry for bothering you..

  • Jisim,Kim
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2001
      First, I solved the error,"de.tudarmstadt.ito.xmldbms.KeyException: XMLDBMSKey table not initialized. A
      single row with a value of 0 in the HighKey column is needed."
      It was my fault not commiting.

      All errors had solved in processing of excuting Transfer.
      But some relations have records and some relations have no records.

      My DTD is the follwing..

      In this structure, only 'inpro_book', 'pro_book', 'inproceedings', 'proceedings', 'conference' and 'series' have records.
      And, in this relations, some fields like '~FK' or '~PK' have no records..

      SQL> select * from "series";

      pro_bookFK seriesPK seriesFK seriesOrder
      ---------- --------- --------- -----------
      514 4
      516 5
      518 4
      SQL> select * from "author";
      no records was not selected.

      I would like to why..

      <!ELEMENT conference ( inproceedings | proceedings ) >
      <!ELEMENT inproceedings ( inpro_book, url?, crossref?, ee? ) >
      <!ATTLIST inproceedings key CDATA #REQUIRED >
      <!ELEMENT inpro_book ( author | title | pages | cdrom? | year | booktitle? | ee? ) >
      <!ELEMENT author (#PCDATA) >
      <!ELEMENT title (#PCDATA) >
      <!ELEMENT pages (#PCDATA) >
      <!ELEMENT cdrom (#PCDATA) >
      <!ELEMENT year (#PCDATA) >
      <!ELEMENT booktitle (#PCDATA) >
      <!ELEMENT ee (#PCDATA) >
      <!ELEMENT url (#PCDATA) >
      <!ELEMENT crossref (#PCDATA) >
      <!ELEMENT proceedings ( pro_book, url ) >
      <!ATTLIST proceedings key CDATA #REQUIRED >
      <!ELEMENT pro_book ( editor | title | booktitle | series | volume | publisher | year | isbn ) >
      <!ELEMENT editor (#PCDATA) >
      <!ELEMENT series ANY >
      <!ELEMENT volume (#PCDATA) >
      <!ELEMENT publisher (#PCDATA) >
      <!ELEMENT isbn (#PCDATA) >

      And, does XML-DBMS not handle the *(ex.author* in above DTD, so I remove it in DTD..)?

      I would like to output the statement for inserting.
      So I added 'System.out.println(insertStrings[i]);' in buildInsertStrings() of Map.java..
      But, it show the result,'stmt:oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement@40201441'.

      I woult like to cast PreparedStatement to String and output it.

      I'm sorry for bothering you with questions..

    • factorialx@21cn.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2001
        Dear Friend,
        I also find a solutions about transfer between DB and XML,
        I write a example that can do -todbms, but can't in -toxml,
        if possible, can we discuss it togeter??

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2001
          Would you have an solution to my problem??

          I have a problem as follow..

          Some relations have some records, but some relations have no records..

          I would like to know why!!!!

          Thank you for reading my e-mail.

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 6, 2001
            "Jisim,Kim" wrote:

            > Would you have an solution to my problem??
            >
            > I have a problem as follow..
            >
            > Some relations have some records, but some relations have no records..
            >
            > I would like to know why!!!!
            >
            > Thank you for reading my e-mail.
            >
            > > > First, I solved the error,"de.tudarmstadt.ito.xmldbms.KeyException:
            > > XMLDBMSKey table not initialized. A
            > > > single row with a value of 0 in the HighKey column is needed."
            > > > It was my fault not commiting.
            > > >
            > > > All errors had solved in processing of excuting Transfer.
            > > > But some relations have records and some relations have no records.
            > > >
            > > > My DTD is the follwing..
            > > >
            > > > In this structure,
            > > only 'inpro_book', 'pro_book', 'inproceedings', 'proceedings', 'confer
            > > ence' and 'series' have records.
            > > > And, in this relations, some fields like '~FK' or '~PK' have no
            > > records..

            If you changed Generate to "No" in the map file, then no keys are
            generated. This is why the ~FK and ~PK fields have no values.

            > > > SQL> select * from "series";
            > > >
            > > > pro_bookFK seriesPK seriesFK seriesOrder
            > > > ---------- --------- --------- -----------
            > > > 514 4
            > > > 516 5
            > > > 518 4
            > > > SQL> select * from "author";
            > > > no records was not selected.

            There will be data in the author table only if the XML document you
            children of <inpro_book> are stored in the author column of the
            inpro_book table.

            I think it will help you a lot to understand how XML-DBMS maps DTDs to
            tables and columns. Please read the presentation "Mapping DTDs to
            Databases" on http://www.rpbourret.com/xml/index.htm. The section on
            "Object-Based Mappings" explains the theory behind XML-DBMS. You should
            also read sections 3 and 4 of the readme.html file shipped with
            XML-DBMS.

            > > > I would like to why..
            > > >
            > > > <!ELEMENT conference ( inproceedings | proceedings ) >
            > > > <!ELEMENT inproceedings ( inpro_book, url?, crossref?, ee? ) >
            > > > <!ATTLIST inproceedings key CDATA #REQUIRED >
            > > > <!ELEMENT inpro_book ( author | title | pages | cdrom? | year |
            > > booktitle? | ee? ) >
            > > > <!ELEMENT author (#PCDATA) >
            > > > <!ELEMENT title (#PCDATA) >
            > > > <!ELEMENT pages (#PCDATA) >
            > > > <!ELEMENT cdrom (#PCDATA) >
            > > > <!ELEMENT year (#PCDATA) >
            > > > <!ELEMENT booktitle (#PCDATA) >
            > > > <!ELEMENT ee (#PCDATA) >
            > > > <!ELEMENT url (#PCDATA) >
            > > > <!ELEMENT crossref (#PCDATA) >
            > > > <!ELEMENT proceedings ( pro_book, url ) >
            > > > <!ATTLIST proceedings key CDATA #REQUIRED >
            > > > <!ELEMENT pro_book ( editor | title | booktitle | series | volume |
            > > publisher | year | isbn ) >
            > > > <!ELEMENT editor (#PCDATA) >
            > > > <!ELEMENT series ANY >
            > > > <!ELEMENT volume (#PCDATA) >
            > > > <!ELEMENT publisher (#PCDATA) >
            > > > <!ELEMENT isbn (#PCDATA) >

            What is the purpose of the <series> element? In particular, why does it
            have a content model of ANY?

            > > > And, does XML-DBMS not handle the *(ex.author* in above DTD, so I
            > > remove it in DTD..)?

            What is *(ex.author*? I do not see it in the DTD.

            > > > I would like to output the statement for inserting.
            > > > So I added 'System.out.println(insertStrings[i]);' in
            > > buildInsertStrings() of Map.java..
            > > > But, it show the
            > > result,'stmt:oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement@40201441'.
            > > >
            > > > I woult like to cast PreparedStatement to String and output it.

            This is strange -- insertStrings[i] is a String, not a
            PreparedStatement. Try the following in Map.buildInsertStrings.

            private void buildInsertStrings() throws SQLException
            {
            setQuote();
            insertStrings = new String[tables.length];
            insertStacks = new Stack[tables.length];
            for (int i = 0; i < tables.length; i++)
            {
            insertStrings[i] = buildInsertString(tables[i]);
            System.out.println(insertStrings[i]);
            insertStacks[i] = new Stack();
            }
            }