RE: [xml-dbms] Unknown data type: -10

  • Divyesh Shah
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2000

      Do you have all the fields as text/ntext or integer also. Is it possible
      that some value you are trying to put in is with decimal or something. Can
      you send the table structure and the sample data that you are trying to put
      in.?

      Divyesh.

      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2000
        I'm also curious about the table structure / data types. I wrote a quick
        program to print out the JDBC data type indicators and they are as follows:

        BIGINT: -5
        BINARY: -2
        BIT: -7
        CHAR: 1
        DATE: 91
        DECIMAL: 3
        DOUBLE: 8
        FLOAT: 6
        INTEGER: 4
        LONGVARBINARY: -4
        LONGVARCHAR: -1
        NULL: 0
        NUMERIC: 2
        OTHER: 1111
        REAL: 7
        SMALLINT: 5
        TIME: 92
        TIMESTAMP: 93
        TINYINT: -6
        VARBINARY: -3
        VARCHAR: 12

        As you can see, there is no -10. This makes me wonder if your JDBC (or
        underlying ODBC) driver is returning a number (-10) that represents some
        sort of custom data type. (XML-DBMS clearly wouldn't know how to handle
        this.) Does the driver documentation say anything about how it maps SQL data
        types to the JDBC type indicators?

        -- Ron Bourret