Newsgroup is GO!

  • Adam Flinton
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2000
      Dear All,

      I have set up not one but 2 newsgroups as we have xml-dbms but the bod who
      has the .org won't let it go so I've also created a xml-middleware one....

      So here's the address

      Hope to see you there!

      Adam
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 9, 2000
        Looks great! Thanks, Adam and Geo.

        I'll be at DevCon next week, but when I get back, we'll move from the
        mailing list to the newsgroup. That means that all discussions currently
        taking place here will then take place on the following newsgroup:

        I'll probably keep the eGroups group alive, but only as an on-line
        archive. That is, people won't be able to post or receive messages, but
        will be able to search the archives online.

        Other business:

        a) I've registered xmlmiddleware.org as the new domain name. It's not
        perfect, but it'll do.

        b) I've created a project at SourceForge
        (http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmldbms/). Right now, there's not
        really anything there, but when I get back, I'll start updating the
        sources with the new domain name and then move the code base over.
        Things should be up and running by the end of November.

        -- Ron

        Adam Flinton wrote:

        > Dear All,
        >
        > I have set up not one but 2 newsgroups as we have xml-dbms but the bod who
        > has the .org won't let it go so I've also created a xml-middleware one....
        >
        > So here's the address

        > Hope to see you there!
        >
        > Adam

        Programming, Writing, and Training
      • clark_tiu@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2001
          Ronald,

          It might be better if you put the address of the newsgroup on your
          website. That way it'll direct people there instead of coming to this
          egroup.

          Great job on the software, btw.

          Clark
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 14, 2001
            I've added the newsgroup to the XML-DBMS home page [1]. Hopefully, I got
            the URL [2] correct, as I don't actually know what newsgroup URLs look
            like.

            For the moment, I'm going to leave this email list active and I'll
            monitor both the newsgroup and this list. I realize this splits
            discussions across two places, but:

            a) Some people still want a mailing list, and
            b) The mailing list archive provides a searchable, online archive of
            these discussions, which people can use without downloading 100s of
            messages.

            Does anybody know of any software that can mirror a newsgroup to a
            mailing list? If so, we could then make the mailing list read-only,
            where it would serve as a newsletter for people who want such things and
            also as an online archive of all these messages.

            -- Ron

            [1] http://www.rpbourret.com/xmldbms/index.htm
            [2] news://news.barkto.com/homeless.xml.xml-dbms