Re: [xml-dbms] Re: Use of InlineMap Element

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2009

      1) If you can, you should redesign your XML so that dataSources is not a
      child of storedHU. The current design is misleading, as it implies a
      hierarchical relationship between storedHU and dataSources/dataSource.
      This might confuse other people who work with your data. In the new
      design, you could create a new root element that is a parent of both
      storedHU and dataSources.

      2) The dataSource element only needs a ClassMap element in your map
      document. It does not need a RelatedClass or InlineMap element.

      a) If you redesign your XML so dataSources is a sibling of storedHU, you
      do not need to do anything else.

      b) If you do not redesign your XML, you will need to create an XSLT
      stylesheet that transforms your XML document before you pass it to
      XML-DBMS. This XSLT stylesheet will create a new root element with
      dataSources and storedHU as children. This is because XML-DBMS assumes
      that hierarchical relationships in an XML document always match
      hierarchical relationships in the database.

      Sibling relationships in the XML document -- such as between dataSources
      and storedHU in the transformed document -- result in data stored in
      separate, unrelated tables in the database.

      Note that you do not need to map the dataSources element. For more
      information, see http://www.rpbourret.com/xmldbms/faqs/process.htm.

      3) Do you need to transfer the value of the dataSources/@size attribute
      to the database? Because there is no table in the database that
      corresponds to dataSources, I am guessing you do not.

      -- Ron