Re: [xml-dbms] Can you help me Ron?

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22, 2007

      I haven't looked at your map file yet, but do have the following comments:

      1) You do not need to compile the .java files. The compiled files are in
      xmldbms20.jar.

      2) By default, the samples use the JDBC-ODBC Bridge driver. (This is the
      property Driver=sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver in db.props.) You will
      probably want to change this property to the JDBC driver shipped with
      Oracle. You will need to read the documentation for that driver to see
      how to enter the user name and password. For example, the driver might
      prompt you for them. (You can put them in the db.props file, but this is
      not secure.)

      3) You are getting an error because the JDBC-ODBC Bridge requires you to
      set up an ODBC data source. This error will go away when you set the
      driver to the Oracle driver. However, you will need to specify the URL
      for your database. See the Oracle JDBC driver documentation for the
      format of this URL.

      4) You do not need to use MapManager. This is a tool for generating
      maps. Since you already have a map, you should use the Transfer tool
      (run by transfer.bat in the sample directory) to transfer data.

      -- Ron