Re: [xml-dbms] EmtyStringIsNull Issue

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 21, 2006
      Congratulations!

      It looks like you're the first person to use EmptyStringIsNull with
      anything other than strings :) In the process, you've found a bug...

      To fix this, change DOMToDBMS.setPropertyColumn() to the following:

      /**
      * Set the value for column
      */
      private void setPropertyColumn(Row row, PropertyMap propMap, Node node)
      throws XMLMiddlewareException
      {
      Column column;
      StringFormatter formatter;
      String nodeValue;
      Object value;

      column = propMap.getColumn();

      // Get the node value (a string).

      nodeValue = getNodeValue(node, propMap.containsXML());

      if (nodeValue != null)
      {
      // If the node value is non-null, parse it with the column's
      // StringFormatter. The result is an Object of the type
      corresponding
      // to the column's SQL type.

      formatter = column.getFormatter();
      value = formatter.parse(nodeValue, column.getType());
      }
      else
      {
      // If the node value is null, don't format it. Instead, just
      set the
      // value to null. Note that this code is executed only when
      EmptyStringIsNull
      // is true, which is the only time getNodeValue returns a
      null. (The other
      // way to insert a null into the database is when no node
      exists, but in
      // that case, this method is never executed.)

      value = null;
      }

      // Set the column value to the parsed value.

      row.setColumnValue(column, value);
      }

      -- Ron