Dom Parser

  • Rama Subba Reddy
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 16, 2006
      Hi Friends,
      I have data object hierarchy. I want to create Open
      Office Text file from my data. Can sombody help me how
      to create using dom parser. I want to use a Open
      Office Text file template and read all default things
      and want to append date to the template data using
      DOM? Can somebody help me?

      Thanks in advance..

      Thanks & Regards
      Rama

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 17, 2006

        This mailing list is for users of XML-DBMS, a product for transferring
        data between relational databases and XML documents. You might have more
        luck on an Open Office mailing list or a general XML mailing list. For
        lists of XML mailing lists, see:

        http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/lists.html

        I'm not quite sure I understand your question. Do you want to create an
        Open Office document that contains the values of your objects? If so,
        one way to do this might be to use XML data binding [1] to create an XML
        document from your objects, then use XSLT to transform that document
        into a document that uses the Open Office XML format. Neither of these
        steps requires you to use a DOM tree.

        -- Ron

        [1] http://www.rpbourret.com/xml/XMLDataBinding.htm

        Rama Subba Reddy wrote:

        > Hi Friends,
        > I have data object hierarchy. I want to create Open
        > Office Text file from my data. Can sombody help me how
        > to create using dom parser. I want to use a Open
        > Office Text file template and read all default things
        > and want to append date to the template data using
        > DOM? Can somebody help me?
      • Jimmy Zhang
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 17, 2006
          Have you heard of vtd-xml before? It is better than DOM ...
          http://vtd-xml.sf.net