Re: [xml-dbms] Location of actions.tdt, filters.dtd and xmldbms2.dtd

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2005
      XML-DBMS itself doesn't actually need the DTDs -- they are built into
      the system. The DTDs are used by the XML parser (which is independent of
      XML-DBMS) to validate map, filter, and action documents.

      The surest way for your parser to find the DTDs is to provide the full
      URL leading to them in the DOCTYPE statement. For example:

      <!DOCTYPE XMLToDBMS
      SYSTEM "file://localhost/users/scott/xmldbms/dtds/xmldbms2.dtd">

      or

      <!DOCTYPE XMLToDBMS SYSTEM "http://foo.org/example/xmldbms2.dtd">

      Some parsers also support relative URLs, also allow DTDs to reside in
      the same directory as the XML document. For example:

      <!DOCTYPE XMLToDBMS SYSTEM "xmldbms2.dtd">

      This is nice, as it makes the map, filter, and action documents more
      portable. Unfortunately, last time I looked, Xerces wasn't one of these
      parsers, so it requires the full URL.

      -- Ron

      P.S. I'm glad to hear XML-DBMS is working for you. Thirty-nine tables is
      quite a few and, as performance is not one of XML-DBMS' virtues, I'm
      glad to hear the software can handle them.