Strange problem

  • thetriviaboy
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005
      Hi all,

      sun jdk1.5.0_04
      linux kernel 2.6.11
      xml-dbms java alpha 3

      I'm having a strange problem which I cannot consistently recreate (I
      can hear the cries of uh-oh already).

      I'm running the org.xmlmiddleware.xmldbms.tools.Transfer app with the
      method RetrieveDocumentBySQL, ie I'm getting stuff out of the database
      and storing it to an xml file. In all cases described here the query
      being used is exactly the same, on the same machine, with the same
      user account etc, etc.

      Most of the time it works just fine, sometimes it'll bomb out with
      this error:
      Exception in thread "Reference Handler"
      java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException
      at java.lang.Object.notifyAll(Native Method)
      at java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue.enqueue(ReferenceQueue.java:51)
      at
      java.lang.ref.Reference$ReferenceHandler.run(Reference.java:129)

      Other times it'll bomb out with this error:
      An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
      #
      # Internal Error
      (4F424A4543542D4F4E49544F523F4C494E55580E4350500157), pid=13477,
      tid=2992036784
      #
      # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.5.0_04-b05 mixed mode, sharing)
      # An error report file with more information is saved as
      /tmp/hs_err_pid13477.log
      #
      # http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
      #

      Does anyone have any clues as to what's going on here? I've not
      quantified it yet, but it appears that it runs ok 90% of the time,
      with the first error occurring say 7% of the time, and the second
      error 3% of the time.

      Cheers,

      Andrew
    • sctt_bainbridge
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005

        one known issue is that the order of columns returned by
        RetrieveDocumentBySQL can be different to what you expect, see the
        following:

        Mismatched elements is due to this bug:

        Briefly, XML-DBMS accesses internal column information by column
        number.
        When it constructs the select statements, it knows the column numbers
        (so RetrieveDocumentByFilter works). When you construct the select
        statement, it needs to retrieve the column numbers from the result
        set
        metadata; the alpha 3 version of Transfer didn't do this and the
        message
        shows how to fix the code.

        note sure if this is it but worth checking....

        Cheers,

        Scott.

      • thetriviaboy
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2005
          --- In xml-dbms@yahoogroups.com, "sctt_bainbridge" <s.bainbridge@a...>
          wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > one known issue is that the order of columns returned by
          > RetrieveDocumentBySQL can be different to what you expect, see the
          > following:

          Thanks for the reply,

          Yes I've already hacked xmldbms to fix that. I should have mentioned
          that already.

          Thanks

          Andrew