Need help

  • Amol Nerkar
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2005
      I ran XMLDBMS sample code GenerateMap.java but I am getting the
      following exception I am using xerecs-1_4_4 parser and have already
      set the ODBC connection XMLDBMS for MS-Access

      C:\XMLDBMS\samples>javac -sourcepath C:\XMLDBMS;C:\xerces-1_4_4\src
      GenerateMap.java

      C:\XMLDBMS\samples>java GenerateMap dailyreport.dtd
      org/xml/sax/Parser
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 17, 2005
        The most likely cause is that you have not specified a classpath when
        you run GenerateMap. Unless you have set this separately, Java cannot
        find the Parser interface.

        A less likely problem is that org.xml.sax.Parser (which is part of SAX
        and should be shipped with Xerces) is not included in the Xerces
        distribution or is in a directory other than xerces-1_4_4\src. However,
        I doubt this is the case, as it is unlikely that Xerces would have
        compiled in your javac command.

        -- Ron