Re: [xml-dbms] 2 small questions

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2004
      1) Use version 2.0 alpha 3. This supports an "action" document that
      allows you to specify what to do with the data in an incoming XML
      document -- insert it, use it to update existing data, etc. You'll want
      to use either the UPDATE or UPDATEORINSERT actions.

      2) You'll need to use XSLT or SAX to transform the incoming document so
      that el4 is a child of blockA. For example, if you don't care about
      blockB/el5, transform the document into:

      <logFile>
      <blockA>
      <el1>aaaa</el1>
      <el2>bbbb</el2>
      <el3>cccc</el3>
      <el4>dd</el4>
      </blockA>
      </logFile>

      If you also want to store blockB/el5, transform the document into:

      <logFile>
      <blockA>
      <el1>aaaa</el1>
      <el2>bbbb</el2>
      <el3>cccc</el3>
      <el4>dd</el4>
      </blockA>
      <blockB>
      <el4>dd</el4>
      <el5>ee</el5>
      </blockB>
      </logFile>

      The ability to do what you wanted was originally planned for version
      2.0, but was not implemented due to technical difficulties. (It turned
      out to be much more complex than I had imagined.)

      -- Ron