Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re : Antwort: [xml-dbms] Inserting nested XML

  • rpbourret@rpbourret.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 14, 2004
      > Using Views it is also Possible to set default values, which was
      > a question in a previous mail.

      Good point -- I didn't know that.

      Can you also set triggers on views? It seems that that might be a way to solve
      some of these other things people might want to do. For example, there was a
      recent question about storing the same data into two different tables. If you
      could set an insert trigger on a view, you could insert the data into the first
      table through the view, and let the trigger insert the data into the second
      table. Doing this sort of thing in the database would be much faster than using
      XSLT to duplicate the data in the document before processing it with XML-DBMS.

      --
      Ron
    • jeb501@sanmargroup.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 15, 2004
        Ron

        Please send me some sample scripts using xml for

        a) Standard reports with specified formats generated with values from a
        database

        b) Content Publishing

        Thanks
        Eugene

      • Peter Burri ACE
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 16, 2004
          On DB2V8.x and ORACLE you can use 'instead-of-triggers' which are
          triggers on views where you can define your own functionality for
          mutations -> 'instead-of update/delete/insert of this view do this'

          regards
          peter

          > Using Views it is also Possible to set default values, which was a
          > question in a previous mail.

          Good point -- I didn't know that.

          Can you also set triggers on views? It seems that that might be a way to
          solve
          some of these other things people might want to do. For example, there
          was a
          recent question about storing the same data into two different tables.
          If you
          could set an insert trigger on a view, you could insert the data into
          the first
          table through the view, and let the trigger insert the data into the
          second
          table. Doing this sort of thing in the database would be much faster
          than using
          XSLT to duplicate the data in the document before processing it with
          XML-DBMS.

          --
          Ron

          Or join the newsgroup at: news://news.barkto.com/homeless.xml.xml-dbms
          Yahoo! Groups Links