fixed-Values to a Row in a Database

  • uwez2004
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2004
      Is it possible (if yes- how) to store "Defaultvalues" or "fixed-
      Values, to a Row in a Database while i'm storing my documents to
      Database?
      -> Maybe via entrys in mapping-Files.

      Or, or and, is it possible to set default- Values into my new xml-
      File while i'm retrieving Documents from Database?
      -> Maybe via entrys in filter-Files. To simulate the following sql
      Statement:
      "select 'fixedValue', RowX from ..."

      thank you (..again)
      Uwe
    • rpbourret@rpbourret.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 2004
        No on both cases.

        When transferring data from XML => database, the best way to get fixed values
        is to set the default in the database and omit the element / attribute from the
        XML document. If you don't want to set a column default, you need to use XSLT
        (or a SAX XMLFilter) to transform the incoming document to include the default
        values.

        When transferring data from the database to XML, you need to use XSLT to add
        the fixed values.

        -- Ron