SQL error: SQLCODE: -805, SQLSTATE: 51002

  • woodcindy2004
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2004
      This may be a redundant message. I typed my entire message in but
      then it disappeared. I'm not sure if it posted or not so here it is
      again.

      I am working on a prototype using xml-dbms to port data from xml to a
      UDB8.1 64 bit database. It worked fine with small amounts of data.
      However when I increased the number of rows being inserted to 1000-
      3000 rows, I received the following message.

      SQL error: SQLCODE: -805, SQLSTATE: 51002, SQLERRMC: NULLID.SYSLH203

      I checked with another group in my company that uses xml-dbms to
      retrieve data from a udb database to xml and they had encountered the
      same problem.

      In both cases, the problem was due to the fact that the statements
      are not being closed throughout the processing. They are only closed
      whten a call is made to System.gc().

      To resolve this issue, I made the following changes:

      in DataHandlerBase
      updateOrInsert
      update
      delete
      and in GenericHandler
      insert
      I explicitly close the statements by adding stmt.close(); after the
      executedStatement(); command

      Our other group changed DBMSToDOM in retrieveRootTableData by adding
      rs.getStatement().close(); prior to the rs.close(); command.

      Hope this helps others in the future.