Newbie here - is this the way to go?

  • ers_sg
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2004
      I've just come across xmldbms and would like to test it and see if
      I can use it.
      We work with data models in XML format (from tools like ERWin). We
      want to store the info from the XML file in a database and also be
      able to write out from the database into an XML file while following
      a given DTD.
      I have the DTD for my XML file (ER4XML.dtd in case you know it), I
      used GenerateMap.java to build a map and get the sql for setting up
      the tables. I ran the sql (there are 908 elements in the dtd so I got
      908 tables). Using Transfer.java i tried to transfer an XML file into
      the tables I just created. It seems to be taking too long, been
      running for more than half a day now. Is it because I've got too many
      tables? Should I try to write a map myself?

      Thanks
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 13, 2004
        Yikes! This does not sound like the way to go.

        Because GenerateMap generated one table per element, I suspect that this
        DTD is not suited for use with XML-DBMS. Unfortunately, I could not find
        ER4XML.dtd on the Web -- can you send it to me privately so I can look
        at it? That will help me answer your question better.

        -- Ron