Re: [xml-dbms] Namespace Error

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2003
      Sorry about the delay in replying.

      You are not required to use namespaces. However, if you do use
      namespaces, you must declare them both in the XML document and the map
      file. (As well as in filter files and action files.)

      If you do use namespaces, you declare them in the usual way in your XML
      document. (If you have questions about how to do this, see
      http://www.rpbourret.com/xml/NamespacesFAQ.htm.)

      In your map, filter, and action documents, you use the <Namespace>
      element to declare a prefix and a URI. For example:

      <Namespace Prefix="foo" URI="http://www.foo.org" />

      You then use this prefix in element type and attribute names elsewhere
      in the map, filter, or action document. For example:

      <ClassMap>
      <ElementType Name="foo:MyElementType" />
      </ClassMap>

      Note that if you do not use namespaces at all, then you do not use
      Namespace elements and your element type and attribute names cannot have
      prefixes. For example:

      <ClassMap>
      <ElementType Name="MyElementType" />
      </ClassMap>