SQL Sever DOMToDBMS problem

  • ruairi higgins
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003

      I am using xmldbms version 2 alpha 3, MicroSofts MSDE database,
      and the type four JDBC driver supplied by microsoft

      I have used xmldbms successfully to transfer data to other
      databases, but when I run it using the above driver and database I
      get the following error:

      [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]Invalid object
      name 'ACTIVITY'.

      full stack trace:

      java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]
      [SQLServer]Invalid object name 'ACTIVITY'.
      at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.createException
      (Unknown Source)
      at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException
      (Unknown Source)
      at
      com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processErrorToken
      (Unknown Source)
      at
      com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processReplyToken
      (Unknown Source)
      at
      com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRPCRequest.processReplyToken
      (Unknown Source)
      at com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processReply
      (Unknown Source)[Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]
      [SQLServer]Invalid object name 'ACTIVITY'.
      at
      com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerImplStatement.getNextResultType
      (Unknown Source)
      at
      com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseStatement.commonTransitionToState
      (Unknown Source)
      at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseStatement.postImplExecute
      (Unknown Source)
      at
      com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BasePreparedStatement.postImplExecute
      (Unknown Source)
      at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseStatement.commonExecute
      (Unknown Source)
      at
      com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseStatement.executeUpdateInternal(Unknown
      Source)
      at
      com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BasePreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown
      Source)
      at org.xmlmiddleware.db.SPPreparedStatement.executeUpdate
      (SPPreparedStatement.java:92)
      at
      org.xmlmiddleware.xmldbms.datahandlers.GenericHandler.insert
      (GenericHandler.java:50)
      at org.xmlmiddleware.xmldbms.DOMToDBMS.storeRow
      (DOMToDBMS.java:1324)
      at org.xmlmiddleware.xmldbms.DOMToDBMS.processClassRow
      (DOMToDBMS.java:552)
      at org.xmlmiddleware.xmldbms.DOMToDBMS.processRoot
      (DOMToDBMS.java:447)
      at org.xmlmiddleware.xmldbms.DOMToDBMS.storeDocument
      (DOMToDBMS.java:368)
      at org.xmlmiddleware.xmldbms.DOMToDBMS.storeDocument
      (DOMToDBMS.java:337)
      at org.xmlmiddleware.xmldbms.DOMToDBMS.storeDocument
      (DOMToDBMS.java:303)
      at com.fraysen.database.odbc.DriverTest.main
      (DriverTest.java:70)

      any help would be greatly appreciated

      Ruairi
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2003
        I'm not sure what is happening here. Is ACTIVITY a keyword / reserved
        word in SQL Server? Try changing the name to ACTIVITY1 and see if the
        problem goes away.

        -- Ron