Re: Error : Element type not mapped as a class

  • xmldbms
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2003
      In your map, you have the following namespace declaration:

      <Namespace Prefix=""
      URI="C:/EASEONLINE/dpss/public_html/xsd/FileUpload.xsd" />

      The prefix in this declaration is "", which means that all unprefixed
      element type and attribute names are assumed to be in the
      C:/EASEONLINE/dpss/public_html/xsd/FileUpload.xsd namespace.

      Because of this, the following ClassMap:

      <ClassMap>
      <ElementType Name="Customer"/>
      <ToClassTable Schema="ocrvn" Name="CONSIGNEE"/>
      <PropertyMap>
      <Attribute Name="Code"/>
      <ToColumn Name="CONSIGNEE_ID"/>
      </PropertyMap>
      </ClassMap>

      maps the Customer element in the
      C:/EASEONLINE/dpss/public_html/xsd/FileUpload.xsd namespace.

      Your XML document is:

      <Parties
      xmlns:xsi="C:/EASEONLINE/dpss/public_html/xsd/FileUpload.xsd">
      <Customer Code="MJ00130745">
      </Parties>

      In this document, the Customer element is not in any namespace. Your
      map does not map this element type -- it maps the Customer element
      type in the C:/EASEONLINE/dpss/public_html/xsd/FileUpload.xsd
      namespace.

      There are two ways to fix this:

      1) In your XML document, declare the default namespace to be the
      C:/EASEONLINE/dpss/public_html/xsd/FileUpload.xsd namespace:

      <Parties xmlns="C:/EASEONLINE/dpss/public_html/xsd/FileUpload.xsd">

      2) In your XML document, prefix all your element types and attribute
      names:

      <up:Parties
      xmlns:up="C:/EASEONLINE/dpss/public_html/xsd/FileUpload.xsd">
      <up:Customer up:Code="MJ00130745">
      </up:Parties>

      Notes:

      1) You probably shouldn't use the xsi prefix. By convention, this is
      used for the XML Schemas instance namespace and is used for
      attributes such as xsi:type. While it is technically correct to use
      this prefix for other namespaces, it is likely to confuse people.

      2) What class returned this error? I would have thought that nothing
      would have happened, rather than this error being returned.

      -- Ron

      --- In xml-dbms@yahoogroups.com, "chinu76" <chinu76@y...> wrote:
      > *****I have the following MAp file **************

      [map snipped]